REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Proposals are due November 15th.
Seed grants are intended to close the gap in funding needed to address the challenges articulated by the following JCDREAM objectives:
- Ensure clean energy and transportation technologies are aligned with sustainable critical material supply chains
- Connect WA State researchers, industry, and government around JCDREAM issues
- Promote, facilitate, and fund research in earth abundant material options to critical materials including rare earths and recycling of conflict mineral
- Conduct educational outreach to students, educators, the general public, policy makers, legislators, and industry decision makers
- Grow the scope of funded research and programs that address the JCDREAM vision
Research proposals of interest to JCDREAM would focus on earth abundant materials as substitutes for critical materials and novel recycling technologies for these elements. We seek creative ideas from private and public entities where JCDREAM funding will act as a bridge to the next level of progress. Example use of funds could include equipment, wages, user fees, travel, consulting services, among others and emphasis should be placed on future funding opportunities, expanding collaborative networks, and engaging private / public partnerships to move towards commercializing new technology.
JCDREAM also seeks to expand educational content around earth-abundant material solutions to critical materials, rare earths, and materials science solutions to clean energy and transportation challenges. Educators, communicators, and facilitators are encouraged to propose programs that will improve awareness among students, researchers, and the general public.
- Project contracts will be executed pending a Board of Directors approval. Criteria for proposal review include the following:
- Relevance to the JCDREAM mission and technical merit (40%)
- Program objective (30%)
- Research programs: Collaboration between academic, national laboratory, and industrial researchers towards a commercial outcome
- Educational or communications programs: Diversity, breadth, and depth of outreach expected from proposed program
- Extent to which JCDREAM funding bridges the gap to future opportunities such as additional funding, commercialization, or collaboration (20%)
- Team (10%)
JCDREAM is targeting proposal funding amounts in the range of $5,000-$30,000.*
*Period of performance concludes at the end of the fiscal year – June 30th, 2020.